Just thought I'd take a minute to let everyone know that we are indeed still here on planet earth. I don't know why I've had such a hard time getting around to the blog lately, but alas this is how it is sometimes.
First off, we recovered from our many illnesses and have had no sickness since.
-Knock on wood-
Getting ready for Christmas was the usual ton of work. I discovered that finals and Christmas prep are not exactly a match made in heaven, but I did manage to pass my first college class in 16 years, so okay.
We went and spent Christmas with my wonderful sister and her family in Wisconsin. My great parents were there too. Kelly took such good care of us. It's not easy to have 9 people invade your home for 4 days. Thanks Kelly!
We came back and had our usual New Year's Party with the kids. Hot wings, cream puffs, and relish trays abounded. We always watch a trilogy of movies. This year's movie theme was "Silly Sci-Fi." Men in Black, Galaxy Quest, etc. Big Fun.
We've started the process of trying to figure out where to live when we move to Utah this summer and 'trying' is certainly the right word for it. We are currently attempting to find a lot in Mapleton to build on. Wish us luck and I'll keep you posted on any developments there.
Right now life is flowing along pretty normally. Lauren had a band concert earlier this week, Ethan is getting his first awards in Cub Scouting tonight, I was asked to start an exercise group at church so I'm now leading step aerobics (yes, my Washington friends can now laugh at me), Audrey is getting closer to having enough hours to get her unrestricted driver's license here in Kentucky. They require 60. That is sooooo many! We are hoping she can get it before the school year is over. We are really tired of the 6am seminary carpool. American Idol started again causing much excitement but also the usual disagreements among my children. Our favorite missionaries both got transferred out of our ward this week. Elder Smith had been here for almost 8 months. For anyone keeping track, that means he had been here longer than us! And that's about it. Time marches on... Hope you are all doing well. When I get a few minutes I'll be checking around on your blogs to see what you have all been up too. Probably not being a big slacker like me anyway!
Love ya-
Jenn
And yes, I have pictures of almost all the things I described above. Maybe someday I'll get them on here.
5 comments:
So glad to know you are all okay! I was worried as your last post was about the swine flu.....and then nothing for such a long time.
We are glad to here from your troop again. Sounds like life as usual, which is great sometimes!
glad for the update. glad to see life is moving along and all is well.
Oh no, some of us are big slackers just like you ... haven't written on my blog since 12/7! I'll get around to it soon, I think.
I was begining to wonder if you'd not survived (previous post). Glad to see you are all very much there and doing well. And seriously!! 4 months, that's soon! So excited I can't stand it! It will be nice to have cousins moving back rather than away for once! Could I possibly fit one more "!" into this comment? See you this summer! Yup.
Post a Comment