Raising kids comes with it's fair share of pretty hilarious moments.
Today Lauren stayed home sick from school. Since Audrey and Tanner go to seminary, they leave in the morning before her. They first discovered she had spent the day at home when they returned from school. Tanner immediately started giving her a hard time about faking sick in order to get out of school, hardly a new discussion between siblings I think.
Nonetheless, it upset Lauren a bit.
So, in my infinite wisdom, I decided to have Tanner write her a note of apology. Here is the note he delivered:
Sorry I called you a faker.
I hope you will Forgive me, instead of showing Animosity, and in return I'll show Kindness, Empathy, and Repentance.
From Tanner
I told him close, but no cigar. Try again please.
Here is attempt number two.
For many years, I have been rude to you.
After deep consideration I apologize to you.
Keep this note for always and forever.
Every day you can look at it and remember me.
Really sorry, sincerely Tanner
At this point, Lauren had just about had enough and responded with a note of her own:
Dang! You are a great brother! I
Only wish I could be more like you.
Remember I said that.
Keep this note.
Lauren
Kids. What are you going to do with them?
7 comments:
Those notes are hilarious! Thanks for the comment on my blog, I am doing OK without the hubby but of course there are days when I want to call it quits and just run away from home (can you do that when you're 32?)
so, so funny....
you have to give them points for creativity...:)
can't wait to see you THIS WEEKEND!
That was great! You have great kids. Thanks for sharing!
How can you discipline children when they are so dang funny? Go Lu - right back at you Tanner!
What clever kids you have!!!
First, I'm impressed with Tanner's vocabulary! Second, glad to see Lauren can hold her own with her older brother!
very good stuff. you have to admit that was clever!?! i loved it! way to go lauren.
Post a Comment