Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Sister

Today my gratitude moment is for my sister. Everyone should have a sister. My parents will tell you I prayed for a sister from the time I was little. Who knew I'd get answer to that prayer as great as Kelly.

When do I need and appreciate her? See Below.

*When the guy at the auto shop charged me more than he quoted and I need someone to gripe at.

*When I found a great deal on something at the store and I need someone to be happy with.

*When my kids are driving me nuts and I want to make sure it's not just me.

*When sick kids have been puking on me all night.

*When I want to plan any sort of party or family activity. She is always on board.

*When I have to decorate for a church event and I need someone to save my centerpeice-impared behind.

*When I need any sort of drawing, be it for a pattern, a handout, an invitation, whatever.

*When I need a new recipe because I'm bored with all my old ones.

*When I planned a social gathering, and not many people showed up.

*When I need help figuring out what to get mom and dad for Christmas.

*When one of my kids did something spectacular and I need someone to brag to who won't just find it irritating. (Grandparents are good for this one too!)

*When I sewed a new quilt and I want to show someone.

*When my kid's school pictures are hilarious.

*When I need to discuss Halloween costume planning.

*When I want to hear someone use a Wisconsin accent.

*When I need someone to be silly with.

*When I want the truth.

*When times of sadness hit our family.

*When I've had my feelings hurt.

*When I'm bored.

*When I need someone to try making fondant with.

*When I want to discuss American Idol at length.

*When I need somewhere safe to vent frustrations.

*When I need a pedicure buddy.

*When our kids break arms, need fillings, need surgery, need to stop chatting with their neighbor in class, need stitches, need hugs, need help.

*When I want to reminisce.

*When I'm worried.

*When I wreck the car.

*When one of my children wreck the car.

*When I need someone to laugh at my funny story.

*When I want to discuss hair styling options.

*When I just need to hear her voice.

*When I find a new song, book, TV show, movie, or whatever that I'm sure she should also check out.

*When I think I hurt someone's feelings and I don't know what to do.

*When I need a laugh.

*When I need to cry.

*When I need a friend.

I love you Kelly. Can't wait to see you next week.
Jenn

6 comments:

Q said...

Aaahhh, you are so kind! I can't tell you have a special relationship. Have fun on whatever adventure you are having next week!

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

Jen, I love reading your stuff, such a writer. Your are both aWesOme sisters. I know this because I don't have the privilege of officially calling anyone sis...so consider you guys my back-up sisters :) Love you both. Have fun together next week!!

P.S. Sorry bout that auto repair guy, jeRk.

thehalvs said...

Stacie- you can be our backup sister any time!

Q- The whole family is coming out to Cincinnati for Ethan's baptism and Lia's birthday! Party at the Halversen's!

the kings said...

oh....who is your sister she sounds so nice...J/K! I can't wait to party here in a bit - and i do love to chat with you during the day about any random subject.
love you so..
kel

Book Girl said...

You two are simply the best. Glad you prayed so fervently - worth the wait! Keep up with the writing please. I love you both and can't wait to stay up late and VISIT!

Nat said...

what a great relationship you have with kelly. i too feel totally blessed with the sisters i have. they are the best friends and just such great people!