There's been some serious biking happening around here this past month. First my mom and I rode in the Wonder Woman ride in Payson. It was beautiful, my cousins Natalie and Jena joined us, and mom won awesome prizes for being named the "Wonder Woman" of the ride. She deserves it. She has worked so hard and sacrificed so much taking care of my dad over the past couple of years. Not to mention the fact that she's amazing on the bike. Dad says he deserves some of the credit for her win because without him and his illness, she never would have been a sympathetic enough case!
You have to love dad's sense of humor-
 |
| Mommy and Me |
 |
| Ready to Start |
 |
| With my cousins, Jena and Natalie |
 |
| Mom showing off her Wonder Woman Prizes |
The following weekend was the Heber Valley Century. Not that any of us did 100 miles, but hey. Mom and Dad did 25 miles. Needless to say, a huge accomplishment for dad. Words can't even describe how happy we all are to have him healthy enough to ride with us! Gary, Tanner and I did the 50 mile. So much fun to ride with my hubby and son. The 50 wasn't so much for Gar, but there was serious climbing on this ride, and Tanner I were in a world of hurt. We made it though! I guess that's what counts-
 |
| Post ride, feeling pretty tired- |
And, believe it or not, we weren't through yet! The following week we started a new family tradition. The "Ride around the Lake." Mom and Dad, Gary, Audrey, Tanner, and I were the participants for this ride. Dad and Audrey rode 25 miles and the rest of us went around the whole lake, about 52 miles, with a stop at LeBau's for burgers of course. It was a gorgeous day and the the company was great! My sister Kelly designed T-shirts. Anyone who wants to join us next year is welcome to do so. We'll even make you a shirt!
Friday before fall conference. See you there!
 |
| Awesome shirt design |
 |
| On our way |
 |
| Showing off the shirts! |
7 comments:
I love it! Biking is such a great family activity. It's fun to see your 3 generations doing it together!
So fun! Glad I got to be part of your biking madness. Hopefully we can join you next year for the bike around the lake. Keep up the biking everyone! Love you all!
It was quite mad - loved it! Thanks for starting the new tradition of biking around the lake, and thanks to Kelly for the great shirt. Sounds like the group will be larger next year!!
That would be awesome!!!!!!
You guys are awesome! What a great time! I'm totally inspired to start biking now. How fun to bike with your parents, hubby, and kids.
Looks like you had a lot of fun with your biking! Nice to have you back in Utah to be able to join you in some of your activities!
I'd love to come ride with you next year around the lake. Which Lake?? I did the Little Red Riding Hood in Logan (104 miles) and was ready to ride yellowstone this year, but traded for a trip to Nauvoo instead. I am so glad to see your dad doing better and getting out on his bike. I hope he can keep it up! You all look great and tell Kelly I love her shirts:)
Post a Comment