Just wanted to take half a second to let you know the Halversens are still alive. I am very busy with school and have been totally ignoring the blog, but we are doing well. Audrey is waiting to hear from BYU, should be any day now. She got into BYU-Idaho, but would prefer BYU Provo. She finally has a Utah driver's license. Whew! Tanner gets his license next month - yikes~!- Not sure the world need two Halversen teens on the road:) He is loving ceramics right now. He comes home from school most days covered in mud and smiling. Lulu still wants to be a chef and is constantly experimenting in the kitchen. Ethan and Annie are just cute kids totally enjoying the Utah phenomenon of having a million kids on our street. Gary and I are putting on the obligatory winter pounds and anxiously await cycling season this spring.
I am engrossed in classes. I only have two classes. Guess I'm easily overwhelmed! And how engrossed can I be? I'm supposed to be studying right now. Doesn't really seem like I am does it? I have a Western Political Philosophy class that I could live without. We read Machiavelli, Hobbes, Locke, Marx, Neitche etc. Seriously, these men thought quite a lot of their own opinions. The other class is English Literature from around 1300-1800. This is a long span of time, so there is tons of reading. I wondered at first if I should still study English, but it turns out that although I do not really love essay writing or exams, I still adore literature. I guess I'm in the right place after all. We are currently studying sonnets, and I am totally amazed at the poetic genius of Shakespeare and others. We had to write some sonnets the other day. Maybe I'll get brave and put 'em up.
Anyway, just wanted to catch up any far away family or friends on our happenings. Love and miss you!
If I really get organized, I'll post some pictures. We did actually have Christmas and all it's accompanying activites!
Love you all-
jenn
5 comments:
so glad to see you back on the blog although if anyone has an excuse for not posting it is you...sounds like you guys are busy:)
Yay for the update!! The girls in the ward are waiting to hear from BYU too!! It is taking so long! And good luck in your classes...I took a political science history class at BYU that sounds similar to one of yours...it was so tough! But then again I was an accounting major, so I was way out of my league! Glad you found what you already love in English Lit. Good luck with the TWO young drives...yikes!
It's good to hear a bit about your world! Glad you are all doing well and I hope you survive & thrive in your classes!
Glad to see you blogging - leads me to believe you are less stressed about school!
YES!!!!!! Post your work! you are an amazing wirter. Share....
Post a Comment