Thursday, March 27, 2008

Choral Festival




Last night we had the annual district choral festival. Lauren sings with her school choir and with a specialty choir called Vivace. Here is a still photo of Lauren singing with Vivace, and pictures of the crowds. There were about 3,000 people there.

I've also posted two videos. The first is of Audrey playing the violin with the combined elementary school choir, about 550 kids. Lauren's choir teacher wrote the violin part and aksed Audrey to perform. She was pretty nervous about playing for such a large crowd, but she did great. Too bad mom didn't do quite as well on the video. As talented as Audrey is, she cannot play sideways. I know full well that you can't take a video sideways with your camera and rotate it later, but in the heat of the moment, I forgot. Sorry. Also, this video is rather long, but I've put the whole thing on here to appease the grandparents. Watch as much as you'd like.

The next video is a little clip of all 1,000 kids (grades 4-12) singing their finale. Lauren is in there somewhere I swear.

Love and music-
Jenn

1 comment:

Book Girl said...

Even though you are sideways Audrey you rock! Lauren I found you on the fifth row to the left you have a great singing voice, keep up the good work. Thanks Jenn for taking the time to post the video. Love you, G. Lynn & G. Steve