Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sixteenth Anniversary


Sixteen years ago today Gary and I got married. It is sometimes hard to remember a time when our lives weren't a practical course in time management, our conversations didn't center around carpooling, and we could watch a movie all the way through without interuption. I am sure those times existed, but they seem a long time ago.

It can be hard to feel like a couple now instead of managers of a small business venture, but I wouldn't have anyone else as my partner. Thank you Gary for chasing me down with that 2x4 (figuratively speaking of course) all those years ago. Our life has it's crazy moments, but as I think about it, all those big dreams I had back then have come true. (I know Gary, I am knocking on wood as I say it.) I wanted to be a stay at home mom, have a best friend for a husband, and be in a book club like my mom was when I was growing up. Well...Viola!...you've made my dreams come true. Yes, those kind of dreams do come with sticky fingers, messy bedrooms, and all the rest, but wow. Who knew how much fun I would have being your wife and my kids mom?

I love you Gary. Thanks for never forgetting a birthday or anniversary, thanks for listening to me ramble, thanks for being willing to stand up to me when I need it, thanks for being a great dad, thanks for being there for all my lows and all my highs over the last sixteen years.

Let's go to dinner tonight.
Jenn

Check out Gary's hair and my sleeves.
All I can say is 'totally awesome'.

6 comments:

Book Girl said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Wow is all I have to say - well maybe not. Having just spent a week with you and your family I can honestly say that you make a great team and wonderful children. It was a delight to spend time with you and the kids. Have a fun evening at dinner.
G. Lynn xoxoxo

the kings said...

Happy 16 years you guys!
Hope you had a great night out!
Love you all -
King's

Rochelle said...

All I can say is Ethan is going to look like that in 15 years....seriously he is his dad's son. Congrats on your anniversary!

Adrienne said...

Happy Anniversary and Congrats on 16 years. You both look so young in your wedding pic. So cute. I hope that you had a great day!

thehalvs said...

Actually I went there before you left that post even! It was pretty funny. NE ways, you forgot to put money in my lunch account when I reminded you a million times, so you owe me a lunch! Anyways, I'll be home soon!

HALV1000 said...

Hi, Jenn and Gary. Wow, What a great site, and great family you have. I was updating our blog when I saw your comment. It is nice to meet you. We are the Halversen's in Indiana from our blog you found. I am quite sure that we have common ancestors. Gary, is your grandfather Grant or ? Ill have to talk to my Dad and have him send me my Geneology. My Grandfather is Allen Wilford, Son of Thomas. My Dad, Allen Kent, was born in Helper Ut. My three brothers and sister are, however, all over the country. My Brother Mark and his wife Racheal(who have a Dental Practice in Columbus OH) says that we might have met you at BYU in, maybe, 91 or so. Wow, I don't have a good memory. My wife, me, and four kids live in Madison Indiana , near the Ohio River, where I have been a mechanical engineer/manager at a company here. My oldest is back from BYU Idaho to go to school here and get into Dental School. Let me tell you, time sneaks up on you faster than you think.

Me and Mark were trying to guess where you were at. Maybe Washington?

Congrats on your 16th.

Brian & Roxanne Halversen
halversen@gmail.com

P.S.
Players on our blog. It's nice to keep up with eachother this way.

Scott and Kate
Audrey
Hank
Sarah

Paul and Linnete
Allen
Heather
Shawn
Ryan
Makayla

Brian and Roxanne
Jessica
Stephanie
Geoffrey
Morgan

Mark and Rachael
Lena
Dane
( expecting )

Lori H and Bryce Higgbee
Vienna
Kael
( expecting )
Saxon