




Lauren and Ethan are both playing soccer this year. Ethan has played before and loves nothing more than game day. Let me make myself clear. He eats, breathes, and sleeps anything having to do with sports, balls, or competition in general. When we go biking with friends he gets mad and shouts things at me from back in the Burley if I'm not 'winning.' My walls are all banged up because Gary just can't quite bring himself to ban Ethan from playing soccer in the house. Great.
This is Lauren's first year playing. She is doing better than she anticipated she would. After the first practice she declared herself the worst one on the team (not true), so I guess it didn't require much for her exceed her own expectations, but she has. She is having fun and has proven to have a good head for the game.
Tonight their games were at the same time and Gar was at work. It was also freezing. I spent my time running back and forth between games. The other kids cheered their siblings until half time and then headed to the car and blessed heat. Lauren and Ethan have the same color jersey not because they are on the same team, but because they attend the same elementary school.
Final note on the photos: I know it looks like my kids never touch the ball, but it's really just that they have an amateur photographer for a mother and I'm not so great with the action shots. I missed it every time, but the kids are still cute. Audrey took a couple of awesome shots of Ethan. I'll try to get them on here sometime!
No comments:
Post a Comment