Tuesday, August 19, 2008

On the Road with Dad

For the last two years, while Audrey and I have been at Stake Girl's Camp, Gary has taken the other kids on a trip. Although we are sometimes a bit jealous, I can't really complain. Really, how many dads would brave a huge road trip alone with four kids? I knew I married this guy for a reason. This year they went to Yellowstone. And Jackson Hole. And Bear Lake to spend time with various Halversen family members. And Pocatello so he could see his brother and perhaps more importantly, so Lauren could see her favorite cousin. Seriously. On their outing, they hiked, and biked (there's a shocker!), and went to Raspberry Days festivities at Bear Lake, fed a wild coyote, rode wave runners, made s'mores, camped, swam and Gary even did Annie's hair. He brought home pictures to prove it. The kids were all smiles when they arrived home. Gary was exhausted, but wouldn't you be? Love you Gar!



He really hates when I go on about him like this. I hope he'll forgive me.

1 comment:

Book Girl said...

Hats off to Gary - you rock! Sounds like you covered a lot of ground and made great memories for your kids. I just want to know if you can braid hair as well as Steve? Great photos thanks for sharing.