Thursday, August 28, 2008

Crafty Kids

One of my kids' favorite things is when we go to the craft store and buy a project for the day. We don't do it often, and I am hardly Ms. Crafty, but it is a good rainy summer day activity. (Yes, up here there is such a thing as a rainy summer day:) Like I said, I am hardly the queen of crafts, but my kids aren't half bad. Tanner and Audrey helped pick out the stuff to make these, and we always have plenty of paint on hand thanks to all the leftover from Kelly painting beautiful things on my kids' walls. I should post that sometime, but it will have to wait for another day.


Annie made a crate for her dance things. I hate trying to track down tights or the long-lost tap shoe ten minutes before dance.
So maybe this craft will prove to be useful.


Ethan made a sports bucket. Same idea as with Annie's.
Lost shin guards are no fun either.


Lauren is keeping books she wants to read but hasn't yet in her crafty box.


Audrey's has become a New Era holder. I should point out that Audrey did hers on her own, concept to completion, with no help from me. Those of you who have seen me with a paint brush are not shocked by this. I did who her how to use painters tape. Is that anything?


Big shock, Tanner opted for me to just buy him some more clay please.
Sorry to Tanner that this photo turned out fuzzy.

1 comment:

Book Girl said...

For a mom who is not very crafty those are great craft projects. Tanner - way to stick with the clay. You say it rains there a bit? Hope you all have a great first day of school next week - I'll be thinking of you Tuesday a.m. Love you tons, G. Lynn xoxoxo