Audrey - She was about four years old and we sat down to read scriptures before bed. Gary started a new chapter with "And it came to pass..." at which point Audrey interrupted with, "Dad, you read that one last night..." At least we know she was listening!
Tanner- This is just a weird thing Tanner did when he was about three or maybe four years old. He did it for months. He would make up a joke, it could be anything. For instance "What did the bottle say to the cheese?" and no matter what the joke was, the answer was always "Bee-Dee Log!" Then he would laugh hysterically. "Why was the jello in the fridge?" "Bee-Dee Log!" "Why did the antelope cross the road?" "Bee-Dee Log!" Get the idea? We would ask him, "What on earth is a Bee-Dee Log?" But he would never answer. He eventually stopped doing it, and the true meaning of Bee-Dee Log is still a complete mystery.
Lauren - Lauren has said plenty of funny things in her day, and I sit here, I can't think of any of them. So I'm going with something funny she used to do. Well, not so funny then, but pretty amusing now. Lauren has beautiful hair. She always has. Well, it only stands to reason that a kid with hair that beautiful had a major thing with cutting it when she was little. She must have cut her own bangs at least 5 or 6 times. I had many pics to choose from for the blog. Seriously, pretty much every picture of her the entire year we lived in Hawaii would have sufficed. I would just get those bangs long enough look reasonable and she'd cut them again. A few weeks ago Audrey was looking at old pictures and informed me that I really shouldn't have cut Lauren's hair myself because I always had her bangs too short and crooked. You think so? I love that my daughter thinks I cut them that way on purpose.
Ethan - Ethan has always been a pretty buttoned-down kid. Unlike his brother, he likes church clothes. He likes his shirts tucked in and his hair slicked back. It was just recently the older kids convinced him it was more hip to wear his shirts untucked to school and soccer practice. So, it was not a big surprise when he started to want to wear a tie to church. He didn't really have any shirts that would work with a tie, so for Christmas a couple of years ago I got him a plain white dress shirt. Every five-year-old boy's dream gift right? Yep! He knew right off the bat why he was given this shirt, and upon opening it exclaimed, "Finally, a shirt I can wear a tie with!"
Annie Grace - Annie is full of wit at this age, but she said one just last week that cracked me up, so I will share it. It was late at night, Gary was at work, and I was watching a movie. Annie comes down the stairs to inform me that she can't sleep. I let her snug on my lap for a few minutes. The movie I was watching had Antonio Banderas in it. After watching a while, Annie turned to me and said, "Why does that guy's hair always look like he just had a shower?" Good question Annie.
1 comment:
Love it! What would we do without our kids to keep us entertained?? I'm sure with 5 kiddos life is never boring for you...Whew! Thanks for participating...I love "hearing" about the crazy things little ones come up with...where do they come from??
Post a Comment