Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The continuing wit of Annie Grace...

Had a couple new Annie moments that are worth sharing...

#1 The other day I was pretending she was a pillow, but teasing her how she was such a wiggly little pillow. (A game my mom used to play with us) She informed me that she was NOT a pillow, but a person.

"Remember mom, she said, I came from you!"

I took a moment to try to remember if I've actually sat down with her to tell her anything much on that subject. She is starting Kindergarten now and she might hear some things that she will want to have the straight story on. I suppose her older siblings could have filled her in somewhat, but still... So I said,

"How do babies get born Annie, do you know?"

Her response? She covered my mouth with her hand and said,

"No, don't tell me. It's too yucky to talk about!"

I'm going to guess the older kids have hinted.



#2 As the three younger kids left for school the other day, Annie squashed a slug on our front steps with her shoe. Ethan said,

"Good job Annie, now it's dead!"

(Amusing considering he seems to have no problem generally with the squishing of bug-type life forms)

Annie paused a moment, put her hands in praying position in front of her, glanced skyward, and then said,

"It's okay, his soul is up to Heaven now."

Honestly.



#3 And finally, a couple of days ago she came running into the room and said to Gary and me,

"I told Goober (our cat) to roll over, and she did!"

I thought this was pretty impressive considering cats never do anything when you command them other than give you a dirty look.

"Really," I said, "That's amazing! She doesn't do anything I ask her too."

"Yeah," she replied "I'm a cat talker."

Good to know we have a cat talker in the house.
Never know when that could come in handy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Honestly Jenn, I can't get enough of your writing. It's almost like I'm hearing you share the story in person!