Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Public Service Announcement


Just a reminder to talk to your kids about gun safety. Annie is sporting a nice looking nose here because this past Saturday afternoon a neighbor kid told Ethan his B-B-gun was 'just a toy' and besides 'wasn't loaded anyway'. Hmmm... Wrong on both counts. Talk about things that make a mom's heart skip a beat. We are so lucky Annie got hit in the nose rather than the eye. We hadn't talked with the kids tons about this subject, but enough I thought. Wrong again. So yes, the Halversen family spent Saturday evening having a rather lengthy discussion about all things that shoot. Ethan felt terrible and Annie held ice on her nose and cried, but as you can see, they are doing well now. Some lessons get learned the hard way, even when you are a grown-up.

5 comments:

The Michiganders said...

Your blog looks so cute! I could not believe that photo--it looks so much like what you and Gary would look like as little kids. So cute.

And thanks for the reminder on gun safety. So smart.

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

Really, does gun and safety belong in the same sentence?? Oh dear, I'm very worried for my boys! Last Christmas Cooper's favorite movie was "A Christmas Story", and I'm pretty sure it was not because Santa was in it...I think it had a lot more to do with the offical Red Ryder BB gun that was in it. "You'll shoot your eye out!"

That was a close one! It's a good thing Ethan is a good shot ;) I do believe that is what they call a BuLL's EYe!!

Tell dead eye HaPPY BiRThdaY for us.


P.S. odd request...do you have a recent photo of your Dad that I can borrow for the BLOG?

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

First things first, I need to know, did the cat come back?

Secondly, I'm are going to hold you to the cinnamon roll comment.

Thirdly, speaking from a lot of experience, boys and BB Guns don't mix. Ask my parents, my neighbors, their duck, and the Pleasant View Police.

- Casey

Book Girl said...

This just scares me - I am so glad that all is well. G. Lynn

Ann said...

Scary story but I am glad things turned out okay.

I agree that they look like you and Gary so much! Annie is a cute lil' Jenn for sure.

We still need to get together sometime before you move! -Ann