Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Seven Years Old



Ethan turns seven today. Hard to believe. Instead of going on and on in my usual literary fashion, I'm just going to share one favorite thing about Beef. He loves his mama. Despite the fact that he's turning into a big, strong, athletic boy, Ethan is not at all opposed to big hugs from his parents. He enjoys a good snuggle on the couch during a book or a movie, and when he wakes up early, he often finds his way into our bed. He still thinks I'm cool, which I appreciate very much. He tries hard to obey and to be good. He is always one of the first to offer a hug if I'm feeling down. Here's hoping his hug-free teen years won't last too long because I don't know what I'd do without Ethan hugs. I love you Beef.
I'm so proud of the wonderful boy that you are.

1 comment:

Book Girl said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Steve love you tons! What a handsome boy you are----oh wait you look just like your Dad?? xoxoxo