Saturday, October 18, 2008

Conference Weekend


Yes, I know Conference Weekend was a while ago now, but I wanted to share some thoughts. I know, you are shocked that I have something to say. I love Conference Weekend. I remember once upon a time thinking it was long. Not anymore. I suppose I should tell you that my main reason for loving Conference is the speakers and feeling the Spirit and all of that. And, it is certainly ONE of the reasons I love it. But if I'm being honest, there are other reasons too. I love staying in my pajamas all Sunday long. I love that someone says to me that not only CAN I sit on the couch for four hours a day and do nothing, but that I SHOULD. I love playing Conference Bingo with the kids. I know they will always remember the family debates over whether someone mentioning missionaries in a prayer is enough to cover up the missionary square or not. I love watching the kids try to balance M&M's on their Bingo card while remaining cosily snuggled on the couch. I love hearing Gary call everyone downstairs while the organ music is starting. I love that this year on Conference Sunday every single family member stayed home all day, and no one called our house. Not one call. Awesome. Also this year, Gary broke out the Legos and he and the kids played all Sunday morning session. The talks were great, but I hope it's okay that I love Conference for the Legos too. It isn't often daddy has two hours to spend building the coolest Lego fort ever. Can't believe I have to wait another six months for Conference weekend. Maybe we should consider making it a once-a-month deal? Any takers?

1 comment:

M.Howerton said...

I totally agree with you!
I love conference and If you don't mind I am going to borrow your Lego conference activity for April - Fantastic Idea!!