
No, this is not my way of announcing that we are expecting quintuplets. (Can you even imagine?) For four days last week, we watched the kids of some of our best friends while they went out of town for a wedding. They have five, we have five, viola! That's ten. Can't even believe we survived. It was actually not too bad. Our kids love their kids and so they didn't fight and generally enjoyed being around each other. Still, getting ten kids ready for church is interesting. Getting them all ready for school also interesting. Feeding them also. Their kids all fit in the same age range as ours, so all ten are between 15 and 5.

Their littlest kids are twin girls (Annie's best friends in the world) and the funniest part of the whole experience was dealing with the fact that those two are quite afraid of Gary. We figured out why a few months ago when one of them finally confessed, "He doesn't have any hairs on his head." Too funny. His baldness is a littel scary I guess, but I never realized the full extent:) He finally gave up and ate meals in the study so they weren't traumatized during dinner.

While the kids were here Gary got to have the experience of taking the oldest five plus two friends (I know, we invited more, what is wrong with us?) to a movie and dinner all by himself. And I gained newfound respect for my friend Christa after taking care of her twins' hair for a few days. I don't think it's ever been cut, and it comes down almost to the back of their knees. I've included a couple of pics of kids frosting cookies so you can see how long it is. I just want to mention that I really did do better than this with their hair most days. This was Saturday and I hadn't taken them anywhere all day! And I don't know what is up with Annie's hair. I think the girls did her hair, so that's what you get!


Well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but it was fun- I know. I'm sure someone is on their way right now to haul me off to the funny farm.
6 comments:
Well...I was going to mention that you are NUTS, before you even brought it up!! You are one brave woman, my goodness. So, when can we send our kids up??
Are you kidding? Any old time. We'd love to have them.
You could even tag along and we woudn't turn you away.
How about Thanksgiving? I'll make rolls. I know, you are tempted.
you are amazing Jenn!!!!
--Rachelle
That looks like fun! Cory would have been done after one day- so I have to give Gary Kudos! (Us women handle this sort of thing better)
Now you guys deserve a vacation - I'd offer to watch kids, but you'd have to come to Iowa :)
MmMm...Grandma style? Casey's already making the arrangements :)
Seriously, the turkey and stuffing will just NOT taste right without the Grandma rolls this year.
You rock the world - I love that you watched ten kids and described the whole thing as "kinda fun really!" Spoken like a seriously experienced momma! I love you all!
- Kelly
Post a Comment