Friday, October 24, 2008

Public Service Announcement #3

No, I'm not kidding. If you are thirteen years old and you and your friends want to build a fort/swing in the forest across the street, make sure your knot-tying skills are up to snuff. A few more scout jamborees might have been helpful to Tanner and his friend, Jake. While swinging on the homemade swing, the knot came loose and as the rope flipped off the branch it was tied to, the branch bounced into the air and crashed on Tanner's head. Did I mention they tied the swing to an branch that was no longer attached to the tree? That might have been a mistake.

A kid running into the house with blood streaming down his face is just not what mommies live for, now is it? Thank heavens he was wearing his John McCain hat. I think it could have been much worse. Yes, my thirteen year old has a McCain hat. Don't look at me, he bought it himself. He has a problem with wealth redistribution. Go figure. I admit, I love the fact that he and Audrey even care about politics. Take care and watch the homespun swings!

2 comments:

the kings said...

Tanner - Love you! Love the wearing of the McCain hat - what a cool thirteen year old you are! Hope the head feels better soon. The braces look awesome - I bit painful I must admit, especially at first. I endured four and a half years of that nonsense myself. All thanks be to Steve for the funding! Seriously, ask your mom what I would look like if he didn't fix my teeth - lets just say I wouldn't have to dress up for halloween.
Have fun this weekend - LOVE YOU!
- Kelly

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

Okay...what is going on in your household?? Maybe I won't be sending my children up :) Yeah right, like you could do any more damage than has already been done. And what is a John McCain hat?? I want to see!!