When Audrey was small, her favorite part of Halloween was the "Soaky, soaky, lights" We're not sure how "spooky" became "soaky," but it was cute. It was a little weird, when two months later she called Christmas lights spooky, but what can you do? Now that she is older, she has jumped on board with the rest of kid-dom and declared candy to be the best part of Halloween. Hope yours was great!
Disclaimer concerning children with multiple costumes: You know the holiday is getting out of control when kids have so many Halloween functions to attend, they feel the need to have more than one costume in a year. I confess that our having five children who have been celebrating Halloween for years now only adds to this problem. Our Halloween costume box could outfit the cast of entire play. I'll grant you it would be a weird play. Several superheroes, a few witches, two characters from LOTR, one Harry Potter, one Darth Vader, a few clowns, two pirates, two angels, a monk, Spock (the Vulcan, not the baby doctor), speaking of doctors, we have stuff for one of those, Pippi Longstocking, a cat, a mouse ... you're getting the idea.
3 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad the grandparents (was Lynn there too??) got to spend Halloween with some grandkids!
LoVe all of the costumes! And can I say...that Tanner is an ARTIST!! I'm hiring out next year!!
Oh and yes. The Chipmunk Christmas music is my shout out to Grandma...do you have memories of listening to the tape while jumping on the mini trampoline down stairs by the fire?? ...ahh, good times...hazardous and unsafe...but good times nonetheless:)
It's great to see that ward Halloween parties look pretty much the same everywhere. Love your pictures. The kids are ADORABLE. I can totally relate to the costume change thing. I'm really glad that Your Dad got to come and help carve some excellent pumpkins. I love that man!
Post a Comment