Monday, June 1, 2009

For Grandpa Steve & Aunt Shannon

A while ago Lauren heard about a program called 'Locks of Love.' While many of you may know that they provide free wigs to children with cancer and alopecia, it was news to Lauren that you could actually donate your hair to someone in need.

Two of Lauren's favorite relatives have spent some time being bald recently due to chemotherapy, and so she decided she'd like to grow out her hair and donate it. I'm telling you, whoever gets Lauren's hair will have hit the wig jackpot.
Way to go Lauren!

The hair...



Ready for the cut...



The braids...





The cut...





The results!









A big 'thanks' to our friend Jen, who cut Lauren's hair, and even did it for free as her part of the donation.

4 comments:

Book Girl said...

Lauren you are such a sweetheart! Wow - I am very impressed and think your Mom is right - whoever gets your hair will be one lucky person. What a tender and loving young lady you are!! Hugs and kisses to you - come see us - SOON. G. Lynn

Book Girl said...

Lu I forgot to mention that you look darling in your new hairdo. Looking a bit older and oh so cute!

Q said...

Nice job Lauren; that really is some gorgeous hair!

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

YaY for you Lauren!! What a great thing to do...Yes, yes, whoever gets that hair is one lucky girl (or boy??). Your hair was gorgeous long, but I'm LoViN' the new do...very hip.