I mean, of course, that the ornaments are crazy, not Laurel. Although there might be an argument to be made there:) Each year for the past several years, Gary's sister Laurel has sent us the weirdest ornament she can find. She doesn't just want something ugly, but something with character. Apparently she searches dilligently all season long. They are quite the ornaments, so I'm sharing them with you. I myself have been shocked to discover that I actually enjoy this wacky tradition, and so does the rest of the family. The kids fight about who gets to hang up which Laurel ornament, and have even dibbed who gets which one when we die. Nice that they are already dividing up our stuff. And yes, you heard right, we faithfully hang the gosh darn things on the tree every year. Apparently, we have an Elvis ornament on it's way to our house for this year. That means that Elvis will be 'in the house.' I know, I'm funny. Thank you, thank you very much.



2 comments:
What an awesome tradition! I am totally loving number 3 -is it an old lady angel? made me laugh out loud!
I quite enjoy the tradition myself! It's amazing to see what is produced for "somebody's" Christmas tree! I only thought, well if I don't buy them, they may wind up on an island for misfit ornaments. And who wants to be a party to that? I'm only saddened that Elvis missed his flight to your house. Perhaps the other ornaments put a hex on him. The search for the next character continues. Lovingly, Laurel
Post a Comment