Tuesday, December 23, 2008

New Stockings


We never really liked our old family stockings. They were cute enough, but they were store bought and knitted. You couldn't get many things in or out of them without catching something on a string and messing up the design on the front. They were also small. You couldn't even get a book or a CD in them without serious effort. Being raised by Lynn, I come from the school of stockings should be made by mom, specfic for each kid, but surrounding a common theme. So this is what I've been working on for the last week while my kids run in and out of the house playing in the snow. Everyone got to pick their own design and fabrics. I think they turned out well, but mostly at this point I'm just so glad not to be behind the sewing machine anymore! And yes, the cat has a stocking. You try being married to Gary and not treating the cat like one of the family. Not at all a good plan:) Love and Merry Christmas to you all. May Santa fill your stockings well.

6 comments:

Q said...

Awesome work on the stockings; they are beautiful!

Rachelle said...

Amazing! One week? Really? That would have taken me at least 15 years! I think I have told you this before but if I didn't love you so much I would hate you:)

Tim and Lisa said...

The stockings are GREAT! I love them! Was it really hard or just take lots of time? Love the pictures of the snow, you have a very cute family.

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

Alright, now my sewing project is looking a little lame. Great job!! What a woman. LoVe them.

Book Girl said...

Jenn you are such a great seamstress. You have skills which I will never have in this area- not to mention skills in a variety of other areas as well - way to go they are darling! Love and miss you, Mom

Yolanda said...

Wow! Can I put in 7 orders for next year?