Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Farewell For Now

Just wanted to let all of you know that Gary's sister Maren passed away last night. We are all grateful that her suffering didn't last long. She had become confused and weak by the end, but only for the last little while. We are also grateful for the many prayers that have been offered in behalf of Gar and his family by all of you. We have the best family and friends in the world. Gary's mother and sister were with her when she left, and we are sure his father was waiting for her with open arms.

Thank you Maren for everything.
Farewell for now...


the Halversen Siblings
Maren, Heidi, Gary, Carla, Tom, Laurel

7 comments:

M.Howerton said...

many prayers for you and your extended family at this time.

I thought your tribute to her a couple of posts back was just absolutely beautiful. Such a special spirit.

It seems that Heaven keeps taking the good ones.

Adrienne said...

I agree, it was such a nice tribute to Maren you left in an earlier post. I am very sorry for your loss. I am so happy for your family that you were able to go out and spend some time with her before she left. You are in my prayers.

The Hegsted Family said...

We love you guys and hope you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

Jen and Gary,

So sorry to hear the news. Know that you are in our prayers as well. I'm so glad that we got to meet your sweet sister the few times that we did. She was such a STRONG soul. She will be missed. But I'm sure it was quite the reunion for all those waiting for her. What a party.

We love you guys.

Book Girl said...

We loved Maren, she often asked Steve if he would be her special friend ever since her father passed away. She was an amazing person and will be missed. I have been thinking of Gary's mother, I know this will be so very hard for her. You are all in our prayers. Love, Mom

Mike said...

(Amy said): I love Maren. I love how smart and capable she was, and how she interacted with my Kenly the first time we met at a 4th of July picnic in Farmington. I loved talking in depth with Laurel about what it was like to grow up with Maren, and the insight it gave me in raising my oldest with Down syndrome. I loved running into Maren and her mom at the grocery store. Maren just gave me so much hope. I don't know why I'm such a baby but I have been sobbing since I read of her passing...maybe because I need to be more patient with my Kenly! ;-) Anyway, my heart is hurting for you, even as it rejoices in the fact that you will see her again, whole and healed.

Yolanda said...

Maren was a wonderful lady. I am glad to have met her. Our prayers for you and your family. I love the picture of Maren with her scriptures on her lap - she will always be a great example.