Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Graduations

Of my five kids, three had graduations this year. Annie graduated from pre-school, Ethan from Kindergarten, and Audrey from Jr. High. I guess if you are graduating from 4th or 7th grade like Lauren and Tanner, you just don't get anything much.

This is Audrey with her friend Riley on the evening she won the "Orchestra Student of the Year" award.

This is Ethan with his teacher Mrs. Nykriem. He loved her. It was almost like going to school with Grandma every day. I think he almost expected that she'd have warm cookies and milk. She taught them lots of sign-language this year, and the video is a little sample for you.

And finally, Annie and one of her many pre-school teachers. When Annie wanted to know exactly what graduation was, we told her there would be songs and certificates and that afterwards she would be all done with pre-school and be moving on to Kindergarten. Her response was "Well I don't remember graduating from nothing to pre-school!" Honestly. Kids are fun. Hope you had fun graduations at your house too!

No comments: