I love when my students have their piano recital. I get ridiculously proud of them all. This year my crowd has dwindled some. Since we are moving next year, I haven't accepted any new students in quite a while. The students I still have are wonderful though. All but one I have had since the beginning of their piano careers, and I'm starting in on my fourth or maybe fifth year with some of them. Lauren and Audrey both played in the recital, as did I. This post should probably have just been titled "Piano Recital" but after viewing the video of Audrey and of myself, I decided "Like Mother, Like Daughter" was better. I wasn't going to post the video of myself at all, and was frankly annoyed with Gary for taking it in the first place, but the similarities between Audrey and I are too funny not to share. Watch the end of our video clips for our attitude to come out. Audrey gives Gary a serious teenage glare, and I smirk and roll my eyes at him. Lauren is nice in her video clip, but Gary quit filming hers before she had a chance to give anyone the evil eye, so who knows...Monday, June 23, 2008
Like Mother, Like Daughter
I love when my students have their piano recital. I get ridiculously proud of them all. This year my crowd has dwindled some. Since we are moving next year, I haven't accepted any new students in quite a while. The students I still have are wonderful though. All but one I have had since the beginning of their piano careers, and I'm starting in on my fourth or maybe fifth year with some of them. Lauren and Audrey both played in the recital, as did I. This post should probably have just been titled "Piano Recital" but after viewing the video of Audrey and of myself, I decided "Like Mother, Like Daughter" was better. I wasn't going to post the video of myself at all, and was frankly annoyed with Gary for taking it in the first place, but the similarities between Audrey and I are too funny not to share. Watch the end of our video clips for our attitude to come out. Audrey gives Gary a serious teenage glare, and I smirk and roll my eyes at him. Lauren is nice in her video clip, but Gary quit filming hers before she had a chance to give anyone the evil eye, so who knows...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for this post. So wish we could have seen you and your darling students perform. So you are saying the apple didn't fall far from the tree?
Excited to see you all SOON!
G. Lynn xoxoxo
Bravo...Annika enjoyed the performances. She was dancing along to the music. Well, as any 4 month old baby can dance!!!
It appears you still remember how to play that piano...which is good. Still sporting the exact same look on your face that you always have while playing, it made me chuckle! :)
Audrey is insanely beautiful. It makes me sick she can play that well even though the piano isn't "her instrument"
Post a Comment